Monday, August 21, 2017

It's Burning Man season! Check out this article about some of the structures found there in the past. I wish all my friends who will attend this year a great "burn". But since I am in Czechia today, I won't be there this year.
http://edition.cnn.com/style/article/architecture-of-burning-man/index.html
I didn't follow my Slovenian friend Tomo's advice about touring the country, but instead rode through and continued on my ride to the next places. The parts I saw were in fact quite beautiful. Austria was lovely on the first day, but the next was lost in a steady rain. As a result I rode through that (highways are much safer in rain) and by the time I got to Czechia it was done. It occurred to me that this was the first rain in 2 months, after a steady run of warm/hot sunny days. I guess it is the human way to become jaded about the good, thinking it will last forever & not appreciating it as well as we should - we need "rainy days" to remind us of how to do that. (There's a song in there somewhere...)

No comments:

Post a Comment