Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Didn't get far today - lost in 2 separate towns. I had to get another blue gas bottle so I went out of my way to go to a Decathlon sporting goods store. A road closure sent me out of my way some more & in Saintes, I encountered this really old place (middle of old town, little tiny streets) which I later discovered is called "L'Amphithéâtre gallo-romain". Amazing what you can bump into around here - one tends to forget just how old this place really is.
On another topic, my American family will be surprised I actually found food I wouldn't eat; I decided not to eat this particular can of food I bought in Spain. Looked good on the picture and I like the spicy Spanish food. However, after trying it I decided I didn't like it much and looked it up. "Callos a la madrileña" is actually tripe (cow stomach!) & since I don't eat beef anyway, it went uneaten after all - but mostly because I didn't like it much...

No comments:

Post a Comment