Friday, June 2, 2017

I found some truly original folks today - gypsies living as nomads! Actually descendants of Django Reinhardt! Called "Tsiganes" here, there are still many musicians among them. However, I was the only one today since the one family member who plays was not present. Quite an experience, as they were camped along the road, with the horse whose task it is to pull the wagon, near an intersection (I simply set up with them). The police did come by to chat, but it was friendly as their stay was already known and all they wanted to know was how long they had planned on staying at this location. Traveling as I do in order to meet people of all kinds all over the world, this was truly remarkable & goes down as an unforgettable experience. As an added bonus for me (and they said, them) my music was well received and much appreciated. As a traveling minstrel, I found kinship here. However, I must say that I am not quite prepared to join such a lifestyle - yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment