Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Mix-up at Honda dealer means the new "tyre" won't be in until tomorrow so I am in a place called "Lake District National Park" north of Lancaster (called "The Lakes" here), where I can return for the tire in the morning. This is an awesome place & ranks as one of the prettiest I've seen. A great joy to ride through, if a bit twisty for my tastes. The "siderails" are stone, with no space whatever - don't want to miss a curve here!  A small delay is welcome in this case! Overall, the farther north I go the better England gets. Yesterday the trains came by near the campground, but they just "whished" right on by with almost no sound whatever! An iery sound indeed; electric trains with none of that nasty train whistle stuff - plus, smooth tracks so no rumbling or clacking. A strange experience for one used to noisy North American behemoths.

No comments:

Post a Comment