Thursday, June 29, 2017

Back on the continent the last 3 days - France, Belgium & now the Netherlands. The English are experiencing "Brexit" but I saw no outward manifestation of the EU in the UK; they use miles and feet, the £-pound, drive on the left, etc. After leaving Belgium and entering the Netherlands, I drove through a town (Baarle-Hertog) that has no idea what country it's in. The picture shows a labyrinth arrangement of little sections of this town, each either in Belgium or Netherlands, even though the town itself is well within the Netherlands borders. Gas is the highest I've seen yet - €1.60 per liter at one place (that's $6.81 US per gallon!). The typical price for regular has been around €1.28/liter ($5.45/gallon). It's cooler here, rain at night with clouds & some sun during the day.

1 comment:

  1. I thought the gas in CR was really expensive. I pay $3,8 USD per gallon.

    ReplyDelete