Friday, June 30, 2017

Bit of rain after the bridges, raining more now on the tent. But as Roberto said, where it's green, they get a lot of rain & it's really green here in nothern Netherlands near the German border. I of course didn't go to Amsterdam, (snarly!) but saw this rather compelling route.  Those bridges were odd - looks like roads in the middle of the bay but there is no bridge, they're actually both isthmus & the 32km (20 mile) one is a 4-lane highway with 81 mph speed limit. There is a drawbridge at each end for boats & I assume these "land bridges" are total constructs. In another way the Dutch handle water, I rode at several underpasses that were not roads, but aquaducts - an overpass for a canal! On my way here is saw several Teslas and then I saw why, a huge Tesla facility! During my ride so far I have encountered lots of travelers from the Netherlands & now see it's a busy and properous place - they are obviously doing it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment