Sunday, July 2, 2017

Me & the blue dot are traveling north - now Denmark! High of 65 - compare to 80's in Alaska when I was there in early July of 2011, which further north than here. But it should be warmer next week (guy at rest area said it's 113F in Greece today) . This place is "comfortable", since it really is the closest thing to Quebec I have ever seen. More wide-open & accessible, with lots of pleasant rest areas w/toilets (I am on 2-lane roads, remember - other EU countries don't put them here). Belgium had €0.5 turnstiles @ the highway rest stop gas station! People here strike up conversations about the bike & guitar; unusual before now. Yesterday I was waiting in line to pay for gas in Germany (don't know why they don't use pump-at-pay around here) the guy in front of me buys a pack of cigarettes - US $15.75 a pack!!

No comments:

Post a Comment