Monday, July 17, 2017

Greetings from Transylvania! Tonight I am (blue star) in the mountains what was Transylvania, now part of Romania. It occurred to me today as I was riding - "what the hell am I doing HERE?" But the answer is as always "riding a motorcycle in a beautiful place"! Romania is wide open riding, sorta like Montana or Idaho can be. I could almost forget I was in Europe, except for the cars which sometimes tried to push me out of the way, passing too close. No one bothers to observe the speed limits here, but they know where the cameras are & I don't. A lot less English here than previous places, but I get by. In campgrounds, I encounter people from other places I have visited - Germany, Sweden, Netherlands, Poland, etc. It's high season for vacations here & it will be even more so in August, when I will be in Greece. I continue to encounter relics of my past life - Visteon in Slovakia, Bosch in Hungary & Delphi in Romania.

No comments:

Post a Comment