Sunday, July 23, 2017

I have been in Bulgaria for the last 3 days and tonight find myself at my first motel of the trip, even though it's a beautiful sunny day (95°F). There are few campgrounds here and I found some the first 2 nights (same couple from the first was found at the second!) but today Google screwed me up. First place I found (no website) had been closed for a while and the second (no website) was non-existant. However, this hotel suite in a fine new building could not be had for less than $120 in the US but cost me a total of $41.81 after conversion by my bank. I doubt such a deal can be found in Greece, where I will be next. Being in the former Soviet Union has been interesting - the people and their homes/businesses are recovering, but many remnants of the old ways can be seen. It also occurs to me that most of the people I see were not here then. Some roads are good, some are not. The drives through the mountains have been awesome, but on mostly bad roads. The highways are fine, with 140 km/h speed limit (87 mph!) Rap (in Bulgarian, of course) is the music of choice here, it seems - it's everywhere & it's loud.

No comments:

Post a Comment