Saturday, July 15, 2017

After entering Hungary yesterday, I camped on the banks of the Danube. Today as I was on the usual 2-lane road I saw a sign "Hatvan 14km". As I rode by I saw a familiar-looking building & stopped to take this picture. However, I was soon chased away by security without attempting to explan that inside that building, they were most likely mass-producing one or more of my Printed Circuit Board designs. In fact, I don't miss work in the slightest and attribute that to all my travels and the marvelous people I am meeting along the way. Last night I was able to glimpse a small piece of Hungarian life as I played music for some folks and then was invited to watch a live national celebration from Budapest. My host (a mechanical engineer!) spoke excellent english and so I learned a few things about Hungary. I mentioned that in the Americas, Australia & New Zealand (there are of course many others) Europeans devastated indigenous peoples & cultures but in Europe itself, the current inhabitants are the indigenous populations. I then learned that in Hungary, it's a little different since large numbers arrived from Mongolia a millenia ago.

1 comment:

  1. Work is following you! Have fun. Grab keychains and bills.

    ReplyDelete