Monday, September 11, 2017

Another day of rain & strong winds found me even though I am now in southern Italy, but safe & dry in a campgroud. Not far from Sicily, I am on the Mediterranean Sea (more specifically the other side of the Ionian sea) with WiFi, electric, shade and good company, though not many Italians speak english, especially this far south. Odly enough I have gone from southtern Greece to southern Italy by way of Czechia & Germany. Since I have another 30 days to do about 18 days of travelling (at 200 KM per day, needing to go around the mountains in October) I have decided this is a good place to take a week off. Might not last that long, since I can get anxious to keep moving. The picture was taken a few days ago and is another "juxtaposition" of old/new. I can imagine a moat instead of grass and a drawbridge rather than a paved road for a truck - but I am North American, after all.



No comments:

Post a Comment