Thursday, September 21, 2017

Back on the mainland! Having turned around after reaching the most western point of Sicily, I am now heading back to Soufflenheim by way of the Italian Mediterranean coast and then Provence. I haven't quite seen all of Europe but I did visit most of the places! Yesterday, I camped in Tusa, north Sicily, east of Palermo. Lots of mountains jutting out of the sea and the roads hug the coast, as does the train. The winds were really strong & the result was high waves on the Mediterranean. The roar was so powerful I could hardly hear the train just behind me when it came by! Mountains also means tunnels on the highway and some of these are 2 miles or more. Beats fighting the crazy drivers on the switchbacks. I must say I've yet to see a mule on the road here, but I did see a goat that seems to have fallen off the edge of the hill and found himself trying to jump back up there to rejoin the herd.

No comments:

Post a Comment